Yeah! 70 pages in total on the NewGeneforce Wikia! Awesome job everybody!
Unfortunately, all of these pages are either not quite finished or have barely anything on them. Please remember that when you make a page here, try to fill out as much information as possible before hitting "publish," because then it just kind of sits there, unfinished.
We have a lot of characters, places and teams up and running, as well as a ton of categories, too! I'm thinking we should keep focusing on finishing the content that's up here, or at least making the pages look decently full. We also somewhat have a format for characters, but it's still pretty sloppy and in the works. Here's the format I've noticed:
- Brief Introduction (beside a full template)
So over the past few months, I think our wiki has done a great deal to expand itself and lay down a foundation for the pages to come. Just a few things I want to note:
- Try to get more than just a sentence down for a character page. Not berating anyone, but I just want to know more about these characters! And a single sentence certainly won't tell me everything about them! Expand who they are, and show 'em off!
- More villains!! I know we all love our heroes, but let's also make sure we give our villains some time to shine, too! Throw down some villains in our character list so our heroes know what they're up against!
- Species/Planets. We have a pretty wide range of species of people here, so let's talk about what makes them all unique! Mak…Read more >
A good question!
I've been looking over the Wiki so far, and I think I'll be trying to gather information on our less detailed pages and putting in what I know about them based on stories and roleplays. The information I have is by no means complete, but I hope it will at least be somewhat accurate and informative. The creators of these characters/places will have to fill in the rest when they are ready. The first few pages that I'll be trying to tackle are Charisma and Blastion, and I'm honestly not sure how long that will take. There's a lot to read through, and some of the events they're evolved in might not even be canon in the current universe.
I guess we'll see?
At the very least, I'd like to get a skeletal feel for the following three…Read more >
At least for now, it seems. Let's just hope they stay that way!Read more >
Before anything else, it certainly seems as though figuring out new templates is our biggest concern at the moment. I've constructed a small list of a few resources I've found that might help present and/or future members when it comes to creating templates. Or maybe this is already stuff you'e found out? Anyway, here it is:
Help:Templates - from the Community Central Wikia. Gives a basic rundown of template details.
Templates Wiki - from the Templates Wikia. A library of various templates all gathered in one place.
Tutorial on Creating Templates - from User blog:92garfield on the League of Legends Wikia. Uses some more technical terms and concepts that might be confusing to those that are new to editing.
Templates 101 - A video from the Wikia…Read more >
I think I've broken the Navboxes.
If you want to edit them, please go into the Classic Editor on the desired page, and select "source". It's easier to do that for now. I'm attempting to find solutions. Sorry for the inconvinience!!
I'm still learning how to make my own templates, even though this is getting ridiculously complicated. If you know anything about templates, please leave a comment and help me out. Thank you!
Thank you all for your continued work on the wiki! I've looked around and I'm very proud of what I've seen~ *clapping*
If we can get... let's see, maybe 10+ more pages (characters, places, along with photos), the rest of the templates and maybe a nice custom backround up, I think we'd be ready for release to the public (…
Read more >
After a little over a month of more wiki edits, some things have come to mind on what we can possibly do to improve this wiki, so I thought I'd share them to get the opinions of my fellow wiki editors. At the very least, maybe these could spark some other kinds of ideas for the future?
- Regarding the home page. I've seen several other wikis with featured articles/characters/editors/images on their home pages. Is this something we can consider doing in the future, maybe when we have a wider range of pages to choose from? How would these pages be chosen, anyway? Or is that a bridge we should wait to cross?
- About the categories. Should we start adding more kinds of categories, like a "mage" category for magical characters or categorize chara…Read more >
Hi everyone! If you're reading this, then you've found my first blog post! I have no idea what more to put here than to update on what I plan to change on the wiki.
- Add more templates: including fixing up the City/Town template, the Company/Business template, and potentially Team/Family templates. For now you can easily use the Item, Character, Planet and Navboxes to make your pages look better!
- Add more images to other characters and places - I'd prefer if users put up original artwork, screencaps of personalized/customized characters from a game, or used base artwork to help depict their characters/locations.
- Add the rest of your details! I'm currently working on finishing up a few characters bios before I hit the "publish" button on br…
Hello! This'll be my first blog post on the "wikia universe," so to speak. I'm not sure of how often I can crank these out, but regardless, I suppose we'll just see how things play out from here, eh?
Anyway, later! >:]Read more >